Steps you can take today
Even if you’re not able to operate your business as normal right now, there are still things you can do to help navigate all of the uncertainty and set yourself up for success in the long-term.
- If you don’t have a website, consider building a shoppable landing page where folks can buy your stuff online. You can even use it to sell gift cards that folks can buy now and use later on when the situation improves.
- Landing pages can also be a great way to collect contact information from your audience. Create a page with a signup form, share the link across your social channels, and then start sending regular updates to keep folks informed about everything going on with you and your business. You can even set up your page to automatically tag contacts based on their interests when they sign up, so it’ll be easier to organize your audience and send more relevant messages in the future.
Alternatively, maybe your business has experienced a dramatic (and unexpected) increase in online traffic and sales as a result of recent events. For you, it’s about being strategic in your response and understanding how you can continue to meet the needs of your customers.
- If you’ve got a product that’s been particularly popular, consider setting up social media ads to boost awareness among your existing customers—and brand new audiences, too.
- Are you seeing increased traffic to your website because the content you offer is resonating right now? Be sure to capture that data so you can use it to make informed marketing decisions (while staying true to your brand) down the road.
Improve Your Online Presence
With the coronavirus in full swing and more and more people hopping on the online bandwagon, there’s no better time to work on your business’s online presence. Having a strong online presence can help you build your brand and gain credibility to attract new customers. Plus, it makes your business more readily accessible to customers so they can find out more information about what your business has to offer.
According to one source, internet hits have surged between 50% and 70% due to the coronavirus. With so many people spending their free time online, why not take advantage of it? To market your company in the middle of coronavirus, take your strategies to social. The truth is, this coronavirus age is prime time to promote your business offerings online. To give your business’s online presence a nice boost, you can:
- Optimize your business website for mobile
- Post more frequently
- Do some SEO research
- Utilize sponsored posts or paid advertisements
- Keep your customers in the loop with store updates
- Incorporate keywords on your website pages
- Engage in online communities and forums
- Improve user experience
Again, there’s no better time than now to boost your online presence. And remember, even if you already have a top-notch online presence, there’s always room for improvement. So, get out there and give your business the online boost it deserves!
Why Is It Important To Market During Covid-19?
Pandemic or not, marketing to your customers is always an important aspect of running your business. But, how can continuing and improving your marketing efforts during Covid-19 benefit your business. Well, it can help you:
- Get ahead of your competitors
- Learn more about your target audience
- Build on your business relationships
- Set yourself up for success post-coronavirus
Now is not the time to put the breaks on your marketing efforts. It’s your opportunity to be more strategic than ever, put yourself in your customers’ shoes, and better market to your customers.
We’re here to help
We know that this is a difficult time for everyone. We don’t have all the answers, but we’re committed to providing you with accurate, relevant, and timely resources that you’ll need as you navigate through the uncertainty ahead. We’re in this together, and we’re here to help.